As publicized in the Lurgan Mail last week, Glenavon is urgently calling on the public to get behind the club and help find £30,000 so they can meet their financial requirements before the end of the season.
A series of fund raising events are lined up but club directors stressed this week their appeal really goes out to the whole of Lurgan and not just the loyal band of fans who support the club on a regular basis.
“We need the people of Lurgan to come out and make a financial contribution essentially to help us keep Premier League football in the town,” said club chairman Adrian Teer.
Club treasurer, Frazer Follis, said it costs £290,000 a year to run the club. “That is what we need to operate. We have to work extremely hard to keep going. The easy and ruthless solution would be to cut the wages budget even further, but that is not an option if we want to try and give the fans a strong and competitive team and that is what we want to do for as long as possible.”
Ways You Can Help
- Attend one or more of the Club’s upcoming fundraising events
- Join Mourneview Needs You and subscribe a monthly amount from £5 – £100 pm
- Sponsor a match, a match ball or the Man of the Match award – speak to any Club Director for details
- Buy a ticket in the Glenavon weekly Lottery
- Buy shares in the Club - speak to any Club Director for details
- Make a donation now (any amount of your choosing) by clicking on the Donate button below